Packed with nutrient-dense greens and sea moss, and topped with a creamy tahini dressing, this salad is a powerhouse of health benefits and flavor.
Whether you're a salad lover or looking to incorporate more greens into your diet, this recipe is perfect for you. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it's also a great way to support your overall health and wellness goals.
Ingredients (for the veggies/salad):
- ½ a large sweet potato: Chopped into small cubes
- 1 can washed and drained chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped kale
- ½ an avocado: Thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cooked and cooled quinoa
Ingredients (for the sea moss & tahini dressing):
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ an avocado
- 2 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 heaped tbsp Blue Wizard Sea Moss Gel
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 - 4 tsp water
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chickpeas, chopped sweet potato, sweet paprika, chilli powder, one tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix until everything is coated evenly and pop into the baking tray. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, mixing halfway to ensure the chickpeas are crunchy and evenly cooked.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped kale, lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Thoroughly massage the kale with your hands until it turns a darker, more vibrant green. Add in your cooked quinoa and mix to combine.
- While the sweet potato and chickpeas are baking, using a high-speed blender, add all the ingredients for the sea moss and tahini dressing. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Once the sweet potato and chickpeas are done, add them to the kale and quinoa bowl along with half of the dressing. Mix to combine.
- Serve the salad and top with sliced avocado and the remaining dressing. Dig in and enjoy!