This recipe is not only delicious but also incredibly healthy: Pistachio-Crusted Baked Salmon. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in or an intimate dinner for two.
The combination of the nutty pistachio crust and the juicy salmon creates a harmony of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. Not to mention, the vibrant green colour of the pistachios adds a pop of colour to the dish, making it look as beautiful as it tastes.
And the best part? This recipe is a breeze to make! With just a handful of ingredients and a little bit of prep time, you'll have a mouth-watering meal that's sure to impress. So, grab your apron and let's get cooking!
- 2 large skin-off salmon fillets (or 4 small) - The Reef Seafood
- 2 heaped tsp Cajun spice rub - The Source BulkFoods
- Juice of half a lemon - The Standard Market Co (fruit and veg section)
- ½ cup pistachios - The Source BulkFoods
- 1 tbsp honey - The Standard Market Co (deli section)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard - The Standard Market Co (deli section)
- 1 tbsp olive oil - The Standard Market Co (deli section)
How to make:
- Gather all the necessary ingredients and preheat your oven to 120 degrees Celcius.
- Arrange the salmon on a lined baking tray and add a teaspoon of the Cajun spice blend to each, ensuring they’re evenly coated.
- Add the pistachios to a zip lock bag and using a rolling pin, carefully pound them until a course crumb-like consistency.
- In a small bowl, add the crushed pistachios, lemon juice, honey, olive oil and dijon mustard. Mix until a thick paste consistency.
- As evenly as possible, add the pistachio paste to each salmon fillet. Bake the salmon at 120 degrees Celsius for up to an hour, or until cooked through.
- Serve up the salmon with your favourite side salad and extra lemon. Dig in and enjoy!